The CITB Site Safety Plus 1-Day Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce. It is aimed at helping them understand the potential hazards they may face on a work site. The course provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and identifies their individual responsibilities and the responsibilities of others. Students are also made aware of what the employers duties are, and what should be done if they think anyone’s safety is being put at risk.
Prestige Safety Solutions provide training courses nationwide including:
- Barnsley – Barnsley Business Village (S75 1JL) – £130 + VAT
- Derby – Total Hire & Sales (DE24 8UU) – £120 + VAT
- Edinburgh – Unit 10, The Enterprise Centre (EH20 9LZ) – £125 + VAT
- Glasgow – The Bruce Hotel (G74 1AF) – £135 + VAT
- Leeds – Pure Offices (LS27 7LE) – £115 + VAT
- Leyland – Centaur Training Services (PR25 4GU) – £125 + VAT
- Liverpool – South Liverpool Homes (L24 0TY) – £125 + VAT
- London – Union Jack Club (SE1 8UJ) – £130 + VAT
- Newcastle – John Buddle Work Village (NE4 8AW) – £125 + VAT
- Preston – Cotton Court Business Centre (PR1 3BY) – £125 + VAT
- Southampton – Paultons Golf Club (SO51 6AN) – £135 + VAT
Alternatively, we can provide in-house training that can be tailored specifically to your work environment and activities, and will significantly reduce costs for your business. If you have an enquiry about training options, contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions.
This Site Safety Plus course is a popular route for anyone looking to take their first step towards obtaining a CSCS Labourers (Green) Card. There are no formal qualifications required for this course but students will need a National Insurance Number and a CSCS card (If Held). Students should also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual Handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational Health
The course is run over 6.5 hours in a single day and you will be required to attend the entire course in order to be awarded the qualification. A maximum of 20 students are accepted to ensure each individual gets the best possible learning experience and any additional support they may require.
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test at the end of the course.
The training is carried out in accordance with nationally accredited standards and upon successful completion each student shall be issued with a statement of attainment from CITB Construction Skills.