This two-day course introduces students to the legal responsibilities regarding health, safety and environmental issues that arise from working in the construction industry and equips individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to contribute to the safe management of a construction or civil engineering site. The site supervisor safety training scheme is now a requirement set out by many major contractors for all supervisors who will be working on their sites and the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
Prestige Safety Solutions provide training courses nationwide including:
- Barnsley – Barnsley Business Village (S75 1JL) – £260 + VAT
- Derby – Total Hire & Sales (DE24 8UU) – £288 + VAT
- Edinburgh – Unit 10, The Enterprise Centre (EH20 9LZ) – £250 + VAT
- Glasgow – The Bruce Hotel (G74 1AF) – £260 + VAT
- Leeds – Pure Offices (LS27 7LE) – £240 + VAT
- Leyland – Centaur Training Services (PR25 4GU) – £260 + VAT
- Liverpool – South Liverpool Homes (L24 0TY) – £260 + VAT
- London – Union Jack Club (SE1 8UJ) – £275 + VAT
- Newcastle – John Buddle Work Village (NE4 8AW) – £240 + VAT
- Preston – Cotton Court Business Centre (PR1 3BY) – £260 + VAT
- Southampton – Paultons Golf Club (SO51 6AN) – £250 + VAT
Alternatively, we can provide in-house training that can be tailored specifically to your work environment and activities, and will significantly reduce costs for your business. If you have an enquiry about training options, contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions.
The course is designed for individuals who hold a supervisory position or wish to move into a supervisory position within the construction Industry. There are no pre-requisites for this course but a good understanding of spoken and written English is required.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act and how health and safety law is structured
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling site safety
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
The course is run over 15 hours and you will be required to attend the entire course in order to be awarded the qualification. A maximum of 20 students are accepted to ensure each individual gets the best possible learning experience and any additional support they may require.
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test at the end of the course.
Upon successfully completion of the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate usually within 6-8 weeks. This qualification is valid for 5 years and should be renewed prior to the expiry date stated on the certificate.