The CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is one of the most highly regarded health and safety courses within the UK construction industry and is designed for supervisors and managers and is often an essential requirement for many management position jobs within construction. The course ensures site managers and aspiring managers develop an understanding of the legal, moral and social responsibilities of their role, as well as how to effectively manage health and safety on site. It is considered to be an indication of the competence of a Site Manger according to the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) and The United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) recognises this course as meeting the required standard for all managers working on UKCG sites.
Prestige Safety Solutions provide training courses nationwide including:
- Barnsley – Barnsley Business Village (S75 1JL) – £425 + VAT
- Derby – Total Hire & Sales (DE24 8UU) – £425 + VAT
- Edinburgh – Unit 10, The Enterprise Centre (EH20 9LZ) – £450 + VAT
- Glasgow – The Bruce Hotel (G74 1AF) – £425 + VAT
- Leeds – Pure Offices (LS27 7LE) – £430 + VAT
- Leyland – Centaur Training Services (PR25 4GU) – £445 + VAT
- Liverpool – South Liverpool Homes (L24 0TY) – £445 + VAT
- London – Union Jack Club (SE1 8UJ) – £485 + VAT
- Newcastle – John Buddle Work Village (NE4 8AW) – £450 + VAT
- Preston – Cotton Court Business Centre (PR1 3BY) – £445 + VAT
- Reading – Holiday Inn (RG7 5HT) – £465 + VAT
- Southampton – Paultons Golf Club (SO51 6AN) – £395 + VAT
Alternatively, we can provide in-house training that can be tailored specifically to your work environment and activities, and will significantly reduce costs for your business. If you have an enquiry about training options, contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions.
The course is designed for site managers, supervisors, foremen and anyone who is seeking to advance into a role with site management responsibility. There are no pre-requisites for this course although a good understanding of spoken and written English is required.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- Risk assessments/method statements
- Recent changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Management of occupational health
- Working at height
- Confined spaces
- Management of Health and Safety
- Reporting of Injuries
- Dangerous Occurrences regulations (RIDDOR)
- Site Set Up
The SMSTS course is run over 37 hours and you will be required to attend all 5 days of the course in order to be awarded the qualification. A maximum of 20 students are accepted at any one time to ensure each individual gets the best possible learning experience and any additional support they may require.
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test at the end of the course.
Upon successfully completing of the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate usually within 6-8 weeks. This qualification is valid for 5 years and can be renewed by attending the 2-day SMSTS Refresher course.